Celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day with this fun and festive snack recipe.
Saint Patrick’s Day is almost here! While most Americans celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day by donning their favorite green attire, you should step things up this year. Try whipping up this tasty and festively green snack to celebrate.
Green Candied Popcorn
- 3 packages (3.3 ounces each) butter-flavored microwave popcorn
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 5 drops green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Pop popcorn according to manufacturer’s directions. Transfer to two very large bowls; discard any unpopped kernels.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and, add food coloring. Pour over popcorn and toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on greased baking pans.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Remove from pans and place on waxed paper to cool. Break into clusters. Enjoy immediately or store in airtight containers.
Serve up this fun snack for a delicious way to celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day. Are you looking for assistance with your insurance this March? Don’t hesitate to contact us at John Scott Insurance. Our dedicated professionals are ready to assist you with all your personal and commercial insurance needs.