Add a touch of romance to your festivities with this delicious Valentine’s Day recipe.
Love is in the air! Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching; if you haven’t already started to make plans, time is of the essence. If you are struggling to come up with a date idea, consider whipping up your significant other a homemade meal filled with love. This easy, yet delicious Valentine’s Day recipe is sure to impress.
Creamy Leek and Pancetta Pappardelle for Two
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 oz. pancetta, finely diced
- 1 large leek (discard dark green and tough stems), halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- sea salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 6 oz. dried egg pappardelle pasta
- 5 oz. microplaned parmigiano-reggiano or grana padano cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and cook until golden brown and crispy, 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce heat if necessary.
- Add the unsalted butter to the pan, and add the sliced leeks. Sauté the leeks for 6-8 minutes over medium-high heat until they are lightly caramelized and soft. Add the heavy cream, chopped thyme, and ¼ cup of water to the pan, and stir ingredients together. Bring to a simmer and reduce the cream mixture for 2 to 3 minutes, or until thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pappardelle in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring every few minutes, until al dente. Reserve ½ cup of pasta cooking water. Using tongs, transfer the pasta directly from the pot to the pan with the cream sauce (don’t worry if you transfer some pasta water along with it, as this will help thin the sauce and help it coat the pasta).
- Turn off the heat. Stir the pasta gently in the sauce until it is evenly coated, add the grated cheese, and add pasta liquid as necessary. Serve immediately and garnish with fresh thyme leaves and grated cheese.
Try out this delicious Valentine’s Day recipe to impress your loved one this year. Are you looking for assistance with your insurance? Don’t hesitate to contact us at John Scott Insurance. Our experienced professionals are ready to assist you with all your coverage needs.